Play about with the ingredients and flavours to get this recipe to your acquired taste! I've tried out a few varieties of this. I've even added in cream cheese in place for some of the yogurt and used it as a cheesecake topping!
- Organic natural yogurt (Greek is best)
- Few handfuls frozen berries (Raspberries or blueberries are my favourite - and buy them frozen as this gives the recipe its ice creamy texture!)
- 1-2 tbsp nut butter (I find peanut, hazelnut or almond taste yummiest!)
- Tbsp cold-pressed honey or maple syrup or a teensy pinch of two of stevia
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Chia seeds
- Sometimes I add lemon/lime zest for a tang or vanilla for a sweeter taste
- Put the frozen berries in a bowl
- Add the yogurt over the top and stir
- Stir in the nut butter and your choice of natural sweetener
- Add cinnamon, lemon juice/zest or vanilla
- Sprinkle the chia seeds over the top
- It's as simple as that!