It was definitely an unusual recipe, and one I’ve never done before but I hadn’t been shopping and decided to experiment with the fruits and veggies I had left in the fridge. The result was surprisingly tasty and bursting with healthy goodness.
- Handful of frozen* blueberries
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Tsp Coconut oil
- Purple corn tea
- Tbsp Chia seeds
- Peel and pop the banana in the blender first
- Chop the cucumber and add (you can remove the skin if you prefer, though I like to keep it for the fibre)
- Pour in the berries
- Brew approx. 200ml purple corn tea and add (this is optional - you can use water or juice if you prefer)
- Add the coconut oil and chia seeds
- Blend together til' smooth and to your desired consistency to drink
- Simple as that!
*One thing I’m really into at the moment is frozen berries. I find you get far far more for your money, they stay fresher for longer and they make some great ice-creamy recipes or keep smoothies cool. Nutritionally, from what I’ve researched, they lose extremely little, if any of their nutrients through being frozen as well. That said, still use fresh if you prefer!