The hummus acted as a dressing and was absolutely delicious. I enjoyed this salad out in the sunshine, and felt so hydrated and energised with each bite, as though all my cells were smiling after feeding them this lunch! Definitely prepared me for the busy afternoon ahead.
- Chia Seeds
- 1 Raw beetroot
- 1/2 bunch Parsley
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Avocado
- 2 carrots
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- A couple of generous handfuls of alfalfa sprouts
- A few artichoke hearts
- Cooked/canned chickpeas*
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon/2 tbsp lemon juice*
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or other oil
- Teensy pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Tsp paprika
- Tsp black pepper
- Handful fresh coriander
- Handful fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle of |pink himalayan salt|http://www.buywholefoodsonline.co.uk/himalayan-pink-salt/]
- Chop/peel/wash and prepare all the ingredients
- Place them ready in a bowl or plate.
- Pour the chickpeas into a blender or food processor
- Add the tahini, garlic cloves, oil and lemon juice
- [Optional] Add a few pinches of your preferred herbs or spices. One of my favourites is cilantro, coriander and black pepper, with a hint of cayenne.
- Blend until almost smooth
- Pour the hummus over the salad and tada! Enjoy :)
*If you’d like to blend a fully raw hummus, you can use raw tahini, and sprout some dry chickpeas.
*You can also switch up the lemon for the lime to try a different flavour!